Thursday, November 17, 2011

Whole Chicken Crock Pot Goodness

What's for dinner tonight?

I wasn't feeling the 'make dinner while teething baby and couped up toddler are screaming for my attention this evening" vibe. So I grabbed 15 minutes right after lunch to throw dinner in the crock pot. (While Toddler is full and satisfied for a few minutes and I finally got Baby Girl down for a nap).

Whole Chicken Crock Pot Goodness.

1 whole chicken
1 cup cut potatoes
1 cup cut butternut squash
1 cup baby carrots
1 onion, cut however you prefer
1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
1/4 cup fresh chives
1 lemon, wedged
1 cup apple juice
1 cup chicken stock
spices to your taste (I used oregano, basil, cilantro & parsley)

Throw all ingredients in crock pot.
(I put the lemon wedges on top so they're easy to dispose of after cooking).
Cook until chicken reaches internal temp of 165 °F
Voila!

Since I already diced an entire butternut squash while making Baby Girl's weekly meals, I bought pre-sliced mushrooms and there's no need to cut up baby carrots, I only had to deal with prepping the potatoes, chives & lemon. My entire meal cooking for this evening took under 15 minutes. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might even actually be able to make this!